This course uses various strategies to help you support your children in regulating their emotions, improving their social skills, and doing better academically. It can also mean a more enjoyable family life.
Do you have a child that is:
- struggling in school
- Has Difficulty managing their behaviour
Don’t worry this is very common and you are not alone
Ultimately this course will benefit the relationship between you and your child, or children and help you in
- developing new strategies for managing your children
- teaching you parenting skills to help with problem-solving
- help your children to develop the social-emotional skills they need to succeed in life
- Strengthen your parenting skills
- Sharing your ideas with other parents. Parents are given handouts, and activities to practice with their children.
Isabelle Weber is a Child, Adolescent and Family Therapist and has trained as a Parent Educator for ‘Incredible Years’ program. She has a wealth of knowledge and experience of working with families & supporting parents for over 15 years. She has introduced this program & cofacilitated with Judith Brooks successfully at Child Development Program here in Bermuda.
Choice of 12-Week Programs
Incredible Years Preschool Program
Ages 3-6. 12 week Part 1 & Part 2 course
- Strengthening Children’s Social Skills, Emotional Regulation and School Readiness Skills
- Using Praise and Incentives to Encourage Cooperative Behaviour Positive Discipline – Rules, Routines and Effective Limit Setting
- Positive Discipline – Handling Misbehaviour
Incredible Years School Age Program:
Ages 7-12. 12 week Part 1 & Part 2 course
- Promoting Positive Behaviours in School Age Children
- Reducing Inappropriate Behaviours in School Age Children
- Supporting Your Child’s Education
Incredible Years Adolescent (Teen) Program
Ages 13-16. 12 week Part 1 & Part 2 course
- How to Communicate Effectively with Adolescents
- Problem Solving for Parents with Adolescents
- Understanding the Adolescent brain/development
The sessions will be held once a week for 60 minutes.
This Program is going to take place over 12 weeks:
- First Part Late Oct/Nov 2018 6-week fees $425
- Second Part Mid Jan/Feb 2019 6-week fees $425
Dates will be finalised upon registration. For more details and to register your interest in the course please email Isabelle email@example.com or phone (441) 703-3408.