This course uses various strategies to help you support your children in regulating their emotions, improving their social skills, and doing better academically. It can also mean a more enjoyable family life.
If you have a child that is:
- struggling in school
- not organised
- has difficulty managing his or her behaviour
… don’t worry, this is very common and you are not alone!
Ultimately this course will benefit the relationship between you and your child, or children, and help you in the following ways:
- developing new strategies for managing your children
- teaching you parenting skills to help with problem-solving
- helping your children to develop the social-emotional skills they need to succeed in life
- strengthening your parenting skills
- sharing your ideas with other parents.
Parents are given handouts, and activities to practice with their children.
Isabelle Weber is a Child, Adolescent and Family Therapist and has trained as a Parent Educator for ‘Incredible Years’ program. She has a wealth of knowledge and experience of working with families & supporting parents.
Incredible Years Preschool Program
Ages 3-6. Six week course is $300.
- Strengthening Children’s Social Skills, Emotional Regulation and School Readiness Skills
- Using Praise and Incentives to Encourage Cooperative Behaviour Positive Discipline – Rules, Routines and Effective Limit Setting
- Positive Discipline – Handling Misbehaviour
Incredible Years School Age Program
Ages 7-12. Six week course is $300.
- Promoting Positive Behaviours in School Age Children
- Reducing Inappropriate Behaviours in School Age Children
- Supporting Your Child’s Education
Incredible Years Adolescent (Teen) Program
Ages 13-16. Six week course is $300.
- How to Communicate Effectively with Adolescents
- Problem Solving for Parents with Adolescents
- Understanding the Adolescent brain/development
The sessions will be held once a week for 60 minutes If there are parents who really want to do the course and finances are an issue, we can discuss that with you.
This Program is going to take place over the Summer 2018
Dates will be finalised upon registration. For more details and to register your interest in the course please email Isabelle email@example.com or phone (441) 703-3408, or you can fill in the form below.